CSS Timeout Computation in Oracle Clusterware_MySQL, Oracle及数据库讨论区_Weblogic技术|Tuxedo技术|中间件技术|Oracle论坛|JAVA论坛|Linux/Unix技术|hadoop论坛_联动北方技术论坛  
网站首页 | 关于我们 | 服务中心 | 经验交流 | 公司荣誉 | 成功案例 | 合作伙伴 | 联系我们 |
联动北方-国内领先的云技术服务提供商
»  游客             当前位置:  论坛首页 »  自由讨论区 »  MySQL, Oracle及数据库讨论区 »
总帖数
每页帖数
101/1页1
返回列表
发起投票  发起投票 发新帖子
查看: 4961 | 回复: 0   主题: CSS Timeout Computation in Oracle Clusterware        下一篇 
jinquan
注册用户
等级:少尉
经验:390
发帖:89
精华:0
注册:2012-3-1
状态:离线
发送短消息息给jinquan 加好友    发送短消息息给jinquan 发消息
发表于: IP:您无权察看 2012-3-5 10:13:59 | [全部帖] [楼主帖] 楼主

CSS Timeout Computation in Oracle Clusterware
Applies to:
Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 10.1.0.2 to 11.1.0.6
Oracle Server - Standard Edition - Version: 10.1.0.2 to 11.1.0.6
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Clusterware
Purpose
The purpose of this Note is to document default CSS misscount timeout calculations in 10g  Release 1,  10g Release 2 , 11g and higher versions.
Scope and Application

北京联动北方科技有限公司       Define misscount parameter

北京联动北方科技有限公司       Define the default calculations for the misscount parameter

北京联动北方科技有限公司       Describe Cluster Synchronization Service (CSS) heartbeats and their interrelationship

Describe the cases where the default calculation may be too sensitive
CSS Timeout Computation in Oracle Clusterware
MISSCOUNT DEFINITION AND DEFAULT VALUES

CSS 错误计数参数代表最大的时间,在几秒钟内,一个网络重要特征在进入一个cluster 配置清除节点时消失,以下是misscount参数的默认值和当在几秒内使用oracle Clusterware他们各自的版本

OS 
10g (R1 &R2)
11g 
Linux
Unix
VMS
Windows
*CSS misscount default value when using vendor (non-Oracle) clusterware is 600 seconds. This is to allow the vendor clusterware ample time to resolve any possible split brain scenarios.
On AIX platforms with HACMP starting with 10.2.0.3 BP#1, the misscount is 30. This is documented in Note 551658.1
CSS HEARTBEAT MECHANISMS AND THEIR INTERRELATIONSHIP

Oracle Clusterware的同步服务组件(CSS) 包括两个重要机制 1.) 设备的选择硬盘的重要性 and 2.) 网络重要性,通过互联来建立和巩固在集群中有依据的节点关系. 两个重要机制都要和超时值相关联. 硬盘的重要性有内部的i/o 超时间隔(DTO Disk TimeOut),几秒之内, 对于选择硬盘I/O的位置必须完成. misscount 参数 (MC), 上面申明的, 是最大时间,在几秒之内,一个网络重要可以被丢失. 硬盘重要 i/o 超时间隔是直接和misscount 参数设置有关. 在这关系中有一些变化。

between versions as described below:
9.x.x.x
NOTE, MISSCOUNT WAS A  DIFFERENT ENTITY IN THIS RELEASE
No one should be on this version
DTO = MC - 15 seconds
DTO = MC - 15 seconds
10.1.0.4+Unpublished Bug 3306964
DTO = MC - 3 seconds
10.1.0.4 with CRS II Merge patch
DTO =Disktimeout (Defaults to 200 seconds) Normally OR Misscount seconds only during initial Cluster formation or Slightly before reconfiguration
IOT = MC - 3 seconds
10.2.0.1 +Fix for unpublished Bug 4896338
IOT=Disktimeout (Defaults to 200 seconds) Normally OR Misscount seconds only during initial Cluster formation or Slightly before reconfiguration
Same as above (10.2.0.1 with Patch Bug:4896338
10.1 - 11.1
During node join and leave (reconfiguration) in a cluster we need to reconfigure, in that particular case we use Short Disk TimeOut (SDTO) which is in all versions SDTO = MC – reboottime (usually 3 seconds)

错误计数集群关系配置和直接影响集群的可用性,在大多数情况下,在MC的默认配置都是可以接受的,修改的话会同时影响超时间隔和网络内连的承受度。

LONG LATENCIES TO THE VOTING DISKS

如果潜在的I/O选择硬盘比上面提到的默认的DTO计算器更大,cluster可能依靠a)Oracle Clusterware经历CSS节点,(b)是否融合补丁被应用和c)Cluster的状态。更多的信息在"Change in Behavior with CRS Merge PATCH (4896338 on 10.2.0.1)".章节中有描述。

These latencies can be attributed to any number of problems in the i/o subsystem or problems with any component in the i/o path. The following is a non exhaustive list of reported problems which resulted in CSS node eviction due to latencies to the voting disk longer than the default Oracle Clusterware i/o timeout value(DTO):
1.    QLogic HBA cards with a Link Down Timeout greater than the default misscount.
2.    Bad cables to the SAN/storage array that effect i/o latencies
3.    SAN switch (like Brocade) failover latency greater than the default miscount
4.    EMC Clariion Array when trespassing the SP to the backup SP greater than default miscount
5.    EMC PowerPath path error detection and I/O repost and redirect greater than default miscount
6.    NetApp Cluster (CFO) failover latency greater than default miscount
7.    Sustained high CPU load which effects the CSSD disk ping monitoring thread
8.    Poor SAN network configuration that creates latencies in the I/O path.
The most common problems relate to multi-path IO software drivers, and the reconfiguration times resulting from a failure in the IO path. Hardware and (re)configuration issues that introduce these latencies should be corrected. Incompatible failover times with underlying OS, network or storage hardware or software may be addressed given a complete understanding of the considerations listed below.
Misscount should NOT be modified to workaround the above-mentioned issues. Oracle support recommends that you apply the latest patchset which changes the CSS behaviour.

Change in Behavior with Bug:4896338 applied on top of 10.2.0.1
Starting with 10.2.0.1+Bug:4896338, CSS will not evict the node from the cluster due to (DTO) I/O to voting disk taking more than misscount seconds unless it is during the initial cluster formation or slightly before reconfiguration.

如果在一个集群中有N个节点并且其中一个节点花费比misscount seconds多的时间来选择磁盘 ,当选择磁盘完全在disktimeout seconds这个路径时这个节点会被剔除. 最后用补丁, 一点也没有增加misscount.

再加上这个融合补丁 介绍Disktimeout 

Note:  applying the patch will not change your value for Misscount.

以下这个表解释了再哪种条件下剔除会发生

Network Ping
Disk Ping
Reboot
Completes within misscount seconds
Completes within Misscount seconds
N
Takes more than misscount seconds but less than Disktimeout seconds
N
Takes more than Disktimeout seconds
Y
Takes more than Misscount Seconds
Y
* By default Misscount is less than Disktimeout seconds
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN CHANGING MISSCOUNT FROM THE DEFAULT VALUE
1. Customers drive SLA and cluster availability. The customer ultimately defines Service Levels and availability for the cluster. Before recommending any change to misscount, the full impact of that change should be described and the impact to cluster availability measured.
2. Customers may have timeout and retry logic in their applications. The impact of delaying reconfiguration may cause 'artificial' timeouts of the application, reconnect failures and subsequent logon storms.
3. Misscount timeout values are version dependent and are subject to change. As we have seen, misscount calculations are variable between releases and between versions within a release. Creating a false dependency on misscount calculation in one version may not be appropriate for later versions.
4. Internal I/O timeout interval (DTO) algorithms may change in later releases as stated above, there exists a direct relationship between the internal I/O timeout interval and misscount. This relationship is subject to change in later releases.
5. An increase in misscount to compensate for i/o latencies directly effects reconfiguration times for network failures. The network heartbeat is the primary indicator of connectivity within the cluster. Misscount is the tolerance level of missed 'check ins' that trigger cluster reconfiguration. Increasing misscount will prolong the time to take corrective action in the event of network failure or other anomalies effecting the availability of a node in the cluster. This directly effects cluster availability.
6. Changing misscount to workaround voting disk latencies will need to be corrected when the underlying disk latency is corrected, misscount needs to be set back to the default The customer needs to document the change and set the parameter back to the default when the underlying storage I/O latency is resolved.
7. Do not change default misscount values if you are  running Vendor Clusterware along with Oracle Clusterware. The default values for misscount should not be changed when using vendor clusterware. Modifying misscount in this environment may cause clusterwide outages and potential corruptions.
8. Changing misscount parameter incurs a clusterwide outage. As note below, the customer will need to schedule
a clusterwide outage to make this change.
9. Changing misscount should not be used to compensate for poor configurations or faulty hardware
10. Cluster and RDBMS availability are directly effected by high misscount settings.
11. In case of stretched clusters and stretched storage systems and a site failure where we loose one storage and N number of nodes we go into a reconfiguration state and then we revert to ShortDiskTimeOut value as internal I/O timeout for the votings. Several cases are known with stretched clusters where when a site failure happen the storage failover cannot complete within SDTO. If the I/O to the votings is blocked more than SDTO the result is node evictions on the surviving side.
To Change MISSCOUNT back to default Please refer to Note:284752.1
THIS IS THE ONLY SUPPORTED METHOD. NOT FOLLOWING THIS METHOD RISKS EVICTIONS AND/OR CORRUPTING THE OCR
10g Release 2 MIRRORED VOTING DISKS AND VENDOR MULTIPATHING SOLUTIONS 

Oracle RAC 10g 发行版2 允许多级选择硬盘 ,如此顾客不用依赖存储器提供商的增加解决方案。你可以有n voting disks (up to 31) where n = m*2+1 m是硬盘失败的你想幸存的个数. Oracle 推荐每一个硬盘成为一个单独的物理硬盘。

赞(0)    操作        顶端 
总帖数
每页帖数
101/1页1
返回列表
发新帖子
请输入验证码: 点击刷新验证码
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
技术讨论